Scared Of The Dark

I was scared of the dark once.
But then I found you, hiding away in darkness too.
We sat and we talked in the darkness, for seconds, minutes and hours.
We got bored, so we decided to sing in the darkness.
We danced to the songs we sang.
We laughed with each other, we cried too.
We sat in the darkness and held each other.
But, we sat for so long holding each other, the sun eventually came up.
We were no longer in the darkness.
We were in the light.
I was no longer scared of the dark.
I was scared of the light.
I wanted the darkness to come back again, I missed the dark.
It didn't last long enough.
I wanted to sit in the darkness with you.
Forever.
I waited.
Forever.
But it only stayed light.
I didn't really want the darkness, I wanted you.
The darkness was the only way I could be with you again.
The darkness never came back, you never came back.
I got angry waiting.
I slowly turned resentful.
You lied to me and I hated it.
I thought it would last for eternity.
I thought we would be together in the darkness.
It was a lie.
It made me crazy, and sad.
I felt a shattering from within the center of my body.
Before I knew it, it was dark again!
Only darkness surrounded me
So I searched for you, but I couldn't find you.
Not in any corner.
You weren’t there.
You weren’t in the darkness anymore.
You left me in the darkness.
Alone.
And suddenly, I was scared of the dark.
Again.

Comments

  1. Wow! Very surreal. It was saying to me that without someone by our side to hold our hand and comfort any situation can be frightening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment